Photography/ How I edit my photos

When I was in sixth grade I took my first art class. I specifically fell in love with the photography side of the art spectrum. My sweet Grandma gave me my very first camera when I was probably thirteen or fourteen years old so I could run around and take pictures of ransom things. It wasn't anything fancy but I loved it and took pictures of everything. Somehow I actually seemed to be getting kind of good at this whole photography thing. Fast forward to my sophomore year of high school, I decided to take a a photography class. I learned a lot in this class and I think it gave me a lot of really great tips to step up my photography. My family noticed my photography and I started doing shoots. I took some family photos and started doing photoshoots with friends. I even took photos of our house when we were moving. Moving on to a few years later I fell in love with the editing process as well. So long story short I wanted to share a few of the tips and tricks I've learned throughout the years to help others with their photography


1. Editing- My personal favorite editing tool is Adobe Lightroom. Lightroom is like Photoshop on a more simple scale that isn't as intimidating as Photoshop. Lightroom has so many great tools to make your photos look like a pro, they also have a free app in the apple store! I also use VSCO as editing tool. As basic as it sounds they have some great filters and other editing tools to make your photos look really great. I don't yet have an editing style (I'm working on it) it really just depends on the photo itself. I especially enjoy adding a slight filter, grain, and spot healing to my photos


2. Camera- You don't have to have a fancy camera to take good photos. Currently I am using the Nikon Coolpix L120, highly recommend by the way. It's a lot nicer than the camera I was using, which was something along the lines of the Samsung EK-GC100. Cameras are super expensive so don't feel like you have to have the nicest camera out there to take a good photo. Even really simple cameras can take really great  photos!

3. Subject- Find something you love to take photos of. Whether that be people, landscapes, etc. its important to take photos of something that you love. Taking photos of what you love makes it so much more enjoyable. Of course finding what you like most is trial and error but that's what makes the process so fun. I personally have found a love of taking photos of people and sunsets. I love a good sunset photo session!

4. Instant Cameras- A few years ago I found a photo of the Fujifilm Instax Camera on Pinterest and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. Mind you I had zero idea what an instant camera even was. I ended up getting one for Christmas and I loved it. I loved how vintage and aesthetic they were and I took a lot of photos. Honestly my favorite cameras are my instant cameras. I recently bought the Polaroid One Step 2 and it is hands down amazing! Highly recommend if you want to get an instant camera and take some cute Polaroid pics!

5. Darkroom/Pinhole Photography- In my photography class in high school we got to build our own camera out of a plastic bin. I know it sounds so weird. We painted the bin black and put the photo paper unexposed of course in the bin with a lid. We then poked a small hole in the bin with a cover. When you want to take a photo hold open the cover so the paper is exposed for maybe 30 seconds and then cover in again. We got to go into a darkroom and develop our own photos in the chemicals. It was one of the coolest things I've ever done.  Make Your Own Pinhole Camera Here!

6. Presets- Presets are a great way to edit your photos in one easy click. Presets are a bundle of filters and other edits put together and saved for you to use on any photo. There a lot of pop-up shops on Instagram and Etsy where you can purchase really cute and aesthetic presets. Presets are a really simple way to edit photos if editing isn't your thing. The work is already done for you! Presets are super easy to download once you purchase them, and most of the time you can download them straight to the Lightroom app. Some of my personal favorite preset shops are Algow presets on Instagram as well Luxepreset on Etsy and so so many more. I would love to make my own presets one day but for now go shop the above presets they're awesome!


 Above is a photo I took in my photography class in school. I know it looks random but it was for an assignment I promise lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World!

Freshman College Orientation: What's it really like?!

Fav Bible Verses