Fav Bible Verses

As a pastor's kid people ask me all the time "Hallee, what is your favorite Bible verse?" Often times I don't even know what to say. I literally have a running list of bible verses in my phone that just speak to me when I read them. Most of the time though I just spit out the first one that comes to mind because it's probably one I love anyways. My list of my favorite bible verses is what I go to throughout the day when I need a pick me up or just when I need some reassurance. Reading my Bible is my escape from reality. I can open my bible and totally distance myself from whatever is going on in my life at the time and, I feel so much better to tackle life afterward. Reading your bible is so important and one of my personal favorite ways to connect with God. My relationship with God is super important to me and what gets me through life every day. Without my relationship with God I don't think I would be where I'm at now and in the state of contempt and happiness that I am now. So what are some are my favorite bible verses you may ask, well let me tell you some of them and what they mean to me.

"Now faith is the evidence of things hoped for, assurance of what we cannot see."-Hebrews 11:1. This has been in my favorite verse list for years. I absolutely love this verse, because as a constant worrier this verse gives me peace. The peace that although I don't know God's plan I should have faith in him that everything will work out in His timing. If you ever need assurance on your faith and what that means I highly recommend taking a look through Hebrews the whole book is on faith and it's amazing. 

Another one of my faves is "The grass withers and the flowers fall but, the word of our God stands forever."-Psalm 40:8. I love this verse too. This verse is way up there on my list. This verse tells us that all of the worldly things we constantly worry about are all going to go away someday but the word of God will always stand firm for us. 

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13. Such a simple verse but one that is so big in my heart. I try to keep Christ in the center of my life, my rock. So this verse reminds me that I can do anything I set my mind to because I have Jesus holding my hand guiding me through. Christ gives me the strength to take on any day full speed ahead. 

Lastly is "Do not be conformed to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."- Romans 12:2. This verse is a great reminder for me that I don't have to conform to anything in this world. People, trends, opinions...nothing. I often need this reminder because I should always be the person God created me to be. 

So I hope you liked getting to hear some of my favorite verses and what they mean to me. I encourage you to open your bible and see what God has to say to you and listen. The bible has all the answers and some crazy stories. So open yours and see what God is telling You! Hopefully, I gave you some inspiration. May God Bless You! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World!

Freshman College Orientation: What's it really like?!