Toxic People can Destroy your Life

I hadn't come across very many toxic people in my life up until a couple of months ago. Without diving too much into detail about the situation my Dad had to leave his job because of toxic people. The toxic person turned into a toxic group of people really quick. These were people I had known for years and thought were close friends of my family and supported us. They would smile and strike up a conversation as I walked by but there was so much more going on behind the scenes that I never knew. Toxic people can destroy your life in a matter of seconds and rip whatever ground you were standing on, right out from under you. They made my Dad and our family out to be monsters in situations that were the opposite of malicious. It was a drama-filled volcano waiting to explode, full of adults who couldn't leave their high school drama days behind them and unfortunately, the floor we were standing on was lava. Toxic people are the best at hiding deep in the shadows and often are hiding right under your nose. They gather their information to use against you and will fake all emotions toward you. One day, the dam breaks and their toxicity rains all over. Imagine your Dad coming home from his work saying you can never go back there or see those people ever again all because one person didn't like something that went down. Imagine the life of you and your family being shattered into pieces in a matter of seconds because of one person. Sadly once toxic situations play out often the victim blames themselves or wonders whatever could they have done wrong? I did. Then they go into the why me, why my family phase. There are so many different emotions that play out and revelations on things now with fresh eyes. I began to put the pieces together and add even more people into this toxic group as evidence played out, and let me just say it's still playing out. We could have fought the situation we were thrown into but some people will hurt you and then act like you hurt them. Sometimes you can't win the fight but you can win your life back because the only way to win with a toxic person is to not play their games. They created the drama yet get mad when you walk away so let them be at peace with the mess they created and be at peace with yourself, you escaped now they have to clean up. Everyone has their ways they cope and get over toxic people or situations for me I turn to music and Jesus lol. I heard at least three people talk about 1 Peter in the Bible in a week's time after everything happened, I took that as the Lord's way of telling me to read 1 Peter and find peace in that. Sure enough, I crack open my Bible one night to read 1 Peter chapter 1 and I was taken aback. It was exactly what I needed to hear at the exact right time and pertained to my situation. 1 Peter was the biggest thing that helped me greatly through this tough time and I went back and read it several times. I felt like God was holding my hand through this hard time and I was slowly beginning to build up my ground again. I felt as though I could get through the days and know that everything was going to be okay and that God had better things in store for my family and I. Let me give you a taste or 1 Peter chapter 1:6-9, In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls. That was the verse where I said okay God I see what's going on here, I understand and can move forward. From this situation came a lot of anxiety, anxiety I had for myself and anxiety I had for my family as a kid away at college. But, as I was getting further into 1 Peter specifically the last chapter, chapter 5, I was totally at peace. 1 Peter 5:7 says to cast all your anxiety on him. Immeadiently I was at peace, I was like okay God, okay Peter I see yall over here. So tell your mountain about your God and watch your God move your mountains. Be on the lookout for those toxic people and don't let them ever get to you, and get out of any situation you think might even be the slightest bit toxic. Be careful with the people who you let inside your heart and life and only trust those worthy of your trust.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World!

Mental/Self Care during a Pandemic

College Bucket List!