To Be Read

As a kid, I used to love to read, my mom would take me to the library, and I would have stayed for hours if she'd let me. In elementary I would get so excited to sit on the floor with everyone and have the teacher read to the class. As I got older though I became occupied by other things, school work, friends, dance, social media, really anything other than reading. For a time I even decided I didn't like to read anymore, but deep down I still did and longed for a time when I would be able to sit down and read again. The only books I was reading were books I was forced to read for school, they were all boring though. I got to thinking and decided if I am going to be stuck in quarantine during a pandemic for honestly who knows how long I might as well get back to my roots and read some good books. They are so many books out there to choose from and the list in my head is getting way too long for me to keep up with. Here is my To Be Read list as well as a couple Book Reviews for ya! Go read a good book!


"Where the Crawdads Sing"-- I was so excited to read this book because everyone was talking about how good it was, it was even in Reese Witherspoon's book club. The cover is gorgeous I just couldn't resist not buying it. Sadly though I'm not sure it's really worth your time. It was like pulling my own teeth to make myself read this book. I didn't want to give up on it and leave it unfinished but I didn't even want to finish it. The author is a nature writer, but the setting for me was too over detailed and took away from the actual storyline. The entire book was very slow and half of it just needs to be taken out anyway because it doesn't even pertain to the story. I kept getting confused as to which time period we were in because it jumps back and forth at the most awkward times. Overall I just wouldn't recommend it but read at your own risk! 5/10

"The Silent Patient"-- As a psychology major, I was really excited to read this book. I was glued to this book for a solid two days. It could have gone even deeper in the storyline but never the less I enjoyed reading it. Sometimes it was hard to remember whose point of view you're reading from. The only thing I did not like about this book was the ending lol. The ending was very abrupt kind of out of nowhere. I knew I was getting close to the end but I turned the page and it was just over. I wished I had gotten some more info on the ending but the ending you want is implied;) Overall I would recommend this book for anyone it really is a great read! 8/10

"A Simple Favor"-- I read this a few months back after I saw the movie lol. After I watched it though I knew I had to read the book. The book was so good I loved it so much I would read it over a billion times. I loved the story and all the twists and turns throughout it, once you think it can't get any crazier it gets much much crazier. I also thought the book and the movie lined up really well, very few things were changed or switched up. I also thought the movie and the book were equally as good and both represented the story wonderfully. 9/10

"One of us is lying"-- I read this book about a year ago but I want to read the second one! This book covers several teenagers' stories so be prepared for multiple storylines, don't worry they all connect at the end! The book was somewhat predictable in the events that take place but it is still a great read that I could not pit down! It was one of those books that I could picture so clearly as I read and had such a great time reading it and watching it play out! 9/10


Here are a few books on my reading list that I want to read soon! Clearly, I like to read Murder Mystery, Fantasy, and Literary Fiction lol!

-The Gentlemen: a Novel by Forrest Leo
-Say Nothing by  Patrick Radden Keefe
-Ninth House by Alex Stern
-From Blood and Ash by Jennifer Armentrout 
-The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead
-The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn
-Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid 
-Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan
-The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell
-An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks 
-Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

So far that is all I have but I am adding to it constantly and one day I will read them all! If you have any book recommendations let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World!

Mental/Self Care during a Pandemic

College Bucket List!