Escape the Ordinary

    I have always had big dreams and aspirations for my life. The life of working s nine to five in an office building wearing uncomfortable shoes has never been what I saw for myself. I have always wanted to see what the world offers, I just know that there is something spectacular out there that I have yet to see. I have met plenty of people who tell me that I just need to settle down, get a meaningless job, and go on about life because "that is just you do". I feel like I was born to do the unconventional and change up what normal life means. In other words, there has been a pull in my heart to escape the ordinary ways of life and follow my dreams wherever they take me. I think about my dreams and plans every night before I go to bed, they give me butterflies, and one day I know I will achieve all my dreams. 

    I don't know if you have ever felt a calling deep down in your heart to travel somewhere but I have felt that calling to go to Greece. I wish I could tell you what it is about Greece but I haven't been yet so I'm not sure. I think about it every day and for some reason,
I just feel like there is something for me in Greece. It isn't just the beautiful scenery or the yummy food, although that does play a factor, I just know there is something big for me in Greece and my heart says go. One day I'll make it to Greece so I can check it off my list and say that I truly followed my dreams. 


    I am a college student who has finally found a career field that I am passionate about and that I dream about. It took me a long time to find where I was really supposed to go in life with my career. There are so many people out there that tell you that you have to know what you are going to do when you set your major and some who will shame you for changing your major. I think that is one of the worst things you can do to a college students dreams, there is so much to try and figure out when you are in college and deciding what you want to do with the rest of your life is one of the hardest and most daunting decisions ever. I have never understood why I am supposed to make a decision on one singular thing I want to do with this life! No way! There are so many things I want to do, things I want to see, and careers I want to try. 


I just love this thing we call life and no way am I going to sit around and waste the sweet time the Lord gave me. I have big dreams for myself and even though it's going to take time to reach them all I would rather leave this earth knowing that I reached some and tried to reach them all. Reach for the stars babe because you might just catch one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World!

Mental/Self Care during a Pandemic

Fav Bible Verses